Baby food and hygiene go hand-in-hand. Babies with their developing stomachs are highly prone to food infections which could result in them having vomiting or diarrhoea. It is essential that the babies have the best quality food and in their best form that allows them to digest the solids. Therefore, parents must take extra precautions to get the infant food ready before feeding the toddler. Baby food processors blend the solids cleanly, preserving all the nutrients in the food. Listed below are our top picks for the best food processor for making baby food.
1. Hamilton Beach 36533 Bebe Baby Food Maker
- This baby food processor is known for its versatility.
- It offers various functions including pureeing, shredding, chopping, slicing and steaming.
- It is one the most easy machines to clean and is dishwasher-friendly.
- This processor comes with 10 food containers that makes it easy to store enough food for a week. They can withstand cold and heat and hence the food can be frozen and reheated in the same container.
- Comes with a baby feeding guide
- Versatility is beneficial to prepare food from different producers.
- The product material is BPA-free
- Comes with two stackable caddies
- It is light and compact
- It does not have the strongest motor.
- It may not blend very smoothly.
2. Conair Cuisinart BFM-1000 Baby Food Maker and Bottle Warmer
- The product provides functions like warming, chopping and steaming.
- It is a simple machine that allows one to prepare food for the baby and heat it up.
- It comes with a blade lock system that holds the blade from moving during operation.
- The steam blade allows for an even distribution of steam which ensures efficiency.
- The bowl seal helps prevent spitting of the food from the processor.
- It has a strong, powerful motor.
- Quick steaming and precise chopping features
- Recipe booklet included with product.
- Provides good and quick results.
- Best baby food processor
- Some experience burning smell while heating
3. Magic Bullet Baby Care System
- The product is highly efficient and allows to produce a week’s worth of food.
- It has impressive capabilities as it has a good milling blade and a power base
- The product comes with different accessories that offer different applications in making baby food.
- It is made of plastic and has a sturdy construction.
- It comes with six date dial storage cups and lids that helps store the food for a long time.
- It is highly affordable
- Has a clear manual with instructions
- Operation is fast and efficient
- Meets the North American Electrical Standards
- Comes with a measuring cup
- Might take longer to clean
4. Kalorik Chopper/ Baby Food Processor
- It allows us to prepare nutritious and fresh food for the baby that is as good as the expensive food available in the outlets.
- It comes with steel blades that make chopping easy.
- The power steamer helps cook the baby food faster than other machines. \
- Its features help prepare food in a short duration.
- The 8-ounce water tank supplies enough water to any amount of baby food that is produced.
- The water storage has 8-ounce capacity.
- Has a powerful motor, blades and steamer.
- Food can be sliced into small pieces.
- The bowl may not be 100% leak-proof.
5. Beaba Babycook Pro Baby Processor
- It can process and cook fresh baby food within 15 minutes.
- Its hassle-free operation helps parents with busy schedules cook nutritious food for their babies easily.
- It can be used with only one-hand allowing the user to multi-task while preparing the baby food.
- It provides 4-in-1 capabilities including defrosting, steaming, reheating and blending.
- The components are easy to clean and are dishwasher safe.
- It is safe as it does not contain BPA, lead, phthalate or other harmful chemicals.
- It helps save time cleaning.
- Made of safe materials.
- Stainless steel water reservoir
- Compact, efficient and easy to use
- The build is safe for use.
- Cooking time is 15 mins.
6. Sage Spoonfuls Baby Food Immersion Blender and Food Processor
- This machine provides two options to blend the baby food- blender and mini food processor.
- The mini food processor helps prepare small portions of food.
- The immersion blender attachment can prepare a whole pot of food when necessary.
- Its entire set is extremely lightweight and portable.
- It is also very easy to clean and dishwasher-friendly.
- It can puree nuts, meats, veggies and fruits. Therefore, one can make soups, smoothies and sauces in this.
- It is compact and easy to store.
- No BPA, lead, phthalates and PVC
- It is simple to use
- It is travel-friendly
- Simple design and easy to clean
- The pureed food can be smoother.
7. QOOC 4-in-1 Mini Baby Food Processor
- It is small and light as it has a small capacity unit. It is perfect for small kitchens, and avoids clutter.
- The compact design is perfect to prepare small batches of food required for every meal.
- It has a 4-in-1 feature providing options to reheat, defrost, steam and blend.
- It is easy to operate with a large button present in the centre.
- The lid, steamer basket, container and blades are dishwasher-safe.
- It is reliable and durable.
- Good quality for the price range.
- It has a quiet motor.
- The reservoir is easy to fill
- It is free of BPA, lead and phthalates.
- Small food processing capacity
8. Elechomes 8-in-1 Baby Food Processor
- It is economical and highly worth the price considering the features it provides.
- It comes with an integrated food processor, dual basket steamer, kitchen timer, and in a cool retro-style.
- The parts are BPA-free and dishwasher-friendly, hence easy to clean.
- The parts are of good quality, are sturdy and of a decent size.
- The puree and steam functions are highly effective.
- It comes with a user manual and a guide with cook-times.
- Parts are easy to disassemble.
- Easy to clean.
- Steamer baskets come in two sizes.
- Cooks frozen and fresh veggies, and fruits.
- Manual is in english and easy to understand.
- Noisy steam timer dial.
- Takes 15-20 mins to steam
9. Whalelove Multi-Function Baby Food Processor and Steamer
- This is a 5-in-1 baby food maker having the capability to blend, steam, stem-blend, warm baby bottles and self-clean the tank.
- The water tank can hold around 8 ounces, and the blending and steaming bowl has the capacity to hold nearly 34 ounces of water.
- The blade is sharp and all the parts are easy to clean dishwasher-friendly.
- It has a digit screen and the controls are easy to operate.
- Tank can descale and self-clean
- Has a steam-blend feature
- It has auto-shut off safety feature
- Good design and build quality.
- Perfect for small kitchen tops.
- Cooking time is 25 mins
- Main bowl is narrow
10. Bubos Smart 5-in-1 Baby Food Processor
- It provides all-in-one features, is a good quality product, and is versatile.
- The processor has functions that can reheat, defrost, steam, chop, blend and importantly, sterilize.
- The steaming is flexible and can cook upto 3 levels of food simultaneously.
- It comes with three stacking baskets of different capacities- 150mL, 350mL and 750mL.
- It provides room for reheating and sterilizing bottles.
- It has good safety features and can detect low water level.
- Economical and worth the investment.
- Blends veggies within 2 minutes.
- FDA approved materials & easy clean-up.
- Materials free of BPA, lead and phthalates.
- Comes with a user manual.
- System can be complex to use.
11. Grownsy Baby Food Processor and Multi-function Steamer
- The baby food processor steam and process features can be used simultaneously and saves a lot of time.
- It comes with 8 reusable food pouches.
- The steamer basket is sized generously and easy to use.
- The operation is simple as the veggies can be added to the basket with the appropriate amount of water and the button can be pressed for a quick steam.
- It has the auto-shutoff function when all the water evaporates.
- It has a four point blade system
- Smart touch LCD panel.
- Warm button for baby bottles and food jars.
- Heat-proof and BPA-free containers.
- All parts are top-rack dishwasher-friendly.
- Price is on the higher side.
12. Babymoov Duo Meal Station Food Processor
- This is one of the well-known products of Babymoov, and is versatile, compact, practical, multi-functional, smart and functional.
- It allows parents to prepare nutritious and sumptuous baby food neatly and in their convenience.
- It has 6-in-1 functions including a defroster, warmer, steamer, multi-speed blender, pureer and a sterilizer.
- It steams, fruits, vegetables, meats and fish within 15 minutes and can blend food with great consistency.
- It can quickly reheat the previously cooked food.
- Comes with a spatula and 2 steaming baskets.
- Has triple-speed blenders
- LCD display and audio alerts.
- Has a good capacity of 11 cups.
- BPA, lead and phthalate-free.
- Not as powerful blending.
- Price is on the higher side.
13. NutriBullet NBY-50100 Complete Food Making System
- It is not only a food processor but also a blender which can mill grains and rice.
- It comes with storage containers that allow you to prepare a week’s worth of food.
- It provides prepare, store, and freeze for grab-and-go convenience.
- It comes with 1 silicone freezer tray, 32 ounce batch bowl, 12 ounce short cup, 6 storage cups all with lids and a tray.
- All parts are super durable and BPA-free.
- It is economical.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Compact design and portable.
- Parts are dishwasher-safe
- Comes with a recipe book.
- Low on power.
The first thing to keep in mind while purchasing a baby food processor is its safety. It should be made of a safe material which is BPA (Bisphenol A) free and it shouldn’t have any sharp edges or loose parts that could potentially harm the baby. Food processors from good brands, as listed above, are of the best quality that ensure sturdy construction, durability and ease of use. It is also important to ensure that it is efficient and can prepare food on the go. It is always better to go for the food processors that are lightweight and compact, as it makes them easy to store, and carry while travelling. As they would be used multiple times a day, buyers need to ensure that they are easy to clean and dishwasher-safe. The food processors for babies come in various price ranges depending on the accessories included along with them.
Ans:- Yes. Any household that has a baby must have a food processor that can produce the neatest, the most edible and nutritious food in liquid consistency for the baby.How do you prevent lumps while preparing baby food in a processor?
Ans:- Before blending the food, make sure you add enough cool water into the jar of the processor to ensure that there are no lumps formed.How to clean a baby food processor?
Ans:- Most of the commonly used models have the cleaning instructions printed in their manual, while some other high-end brands come with an auto-clean function.Is it okay to disassemble the blade of the processor while cleaning?
Ans:- The blades can be removed while cleaning, for safety purposes. After cleaning you must make sure to fix the blade into the processor as mentioned in the manual.How to clean the limescale developed on the processor?
Ans:- Unplug the food processor and use some water to wash-out the scales developed. Use a descaler or some vinegar to thoroughly clean the processor every 4 weeks to ensure optimum operation.