Children in the age group from 8 to 10 are very curious and love to receive gifts that not only are fun but also educational. Most parents try and find communities like how Smores Up have been created to help them parent their child, but trying to find the best gifts for 8 year old boy is something that still needs help. Not to worry, as this is a well-researched article that is here to help find the best gifts for 8 year old boy providing a to-the-point review of them.
Little boys have wild interests ranging from monster trucks to video games, while some of the best gifts for 8 year old boy sometimes can be as simple as a coloring book with prompts. The following are a few points or tips to keep in mind while purchasing top gifts for 8 year old boy.
- Cost: An important consideration before going online and looking at great options of gifts, is to try and set a budget beforehand. This will help as gifts and toys are ranging from $20 going up to $100.
- Size of gift: Large gifts can be difficult to play for the child, and if it is heavy, then they cannot carry it around, hence they must be chosen as per the child’s stature.
- Safety: An important factor to consider while buying the best Christmas gifts for 8 year old boy or even the best birthday gift for 8 year old boy is to see how safe the gift is to use indoors or outdoors.
- The interest of the child: Most online stores today have some of the best gifts for 8-year-old boys; before purchasing from them, consider the child’s interest. Some boys love space and rockets, while others just want to race cars.
- Brand: It is also necessary to look at the brand of the gift as there are a few brands that do not adhere to the safety norms established to manufacture toys and other products that can hurt the child.
Top 10 Best gifts for 8-year-old boy:
1. Vtech KidiZoom Smartwatch
The Vtech KidiZoom Smartwatch is something that every boy will enjoy, especially in an age where almost the entire population has their gadgets. I think it makes for a better companion to the child as compared to a smartphone as there is plenty of fun app to play with!
- Option for child safety
- Interesting, colored straps
- Rugged to handle child’s play
- Share images and videos safely
- Rechargeable batteries
- Dimension: 8.9×0.7×1.8 in
- Age recommendation: 4-12 years
- Manufacturer brand: VTech
- Weight of item: 7.7 ounces
- Battery Type: Lithium Polymer battery (included)
- Origin Country: China
The VTech KidiZoom Smartwatch in the model DX2 is popular amongst youngsters due to its resemblance to the apple watch, which is mostly owned by adults.
This amazing watch is not only fun to use but also has apps that help children learn new information on the go.
This watch is also an amazing gift for an 8-year-old boy due to its high durability, which ensures it does not get damaged no matter how rough they play. This watch will certainly ensure kids play outdoors more that helps them gain immunity, and keep them healthy and extremely fit.
- Excellent Durability, less wear-tear.
- Keeps kids busy and happy.
- Easy to use on touch.
- Long battery life, less charging.
- Dual Cameras for clear images.
- It is slightly pricier.
- Not completely water-resistant.
2. GUJO Adventure Mars Mission Rocket
This toy easily falls under the category of best presents for 8 year old boy as we see a lot of young boys aspire to go to outer space. Every child interested in space and science will be fascinated by the GUJO adventure toy set – mars mission edition.
- 240 pieces for custom gameplays
- A big rocket – 2.5ft tall
- Characters and storyline enhance creativity
- Lays great foundation to advance at STEM
- The good skill-building experience provider
- Dimensions: 18×11.1×3.5 in
- Manufacturer Brand: Luki Lab
- Weight: 3.64 pounds
- ASIN: B08FXZKYSN
- The material used: Plastic
- Battery: No batteries are required
This incredible toy is so unique that it fits right for the kids of this generation as it is not only fun and creative but also very informative that allows kids to do very well in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) in the long run.
The entire kit includes pieces to build the spacecraft as well as unique character expressions for each character, giving them the idea of going on a space adventure with their space buddies.
This toy in a child’s possession will certainly enhance their development greatly in terms of their creativity and problem-solving skill sets.
- Keeps the child occupied
- Helps improve various skillsets
- Made of strong material
- Helps develop creative thinking
- Increases curiosity in science
- Smaller pieces can cause choking
- Delicate pieces, more likely to damage
3. AOKESI Remote Control Robot
The AOKESI remote control robot building educational set is a great toy to help children understand the simple mechanics of assembling moving parts at a young age. I know the assembly set is an ideal present for a boy in the family, they will fall in love with it instantly.
- 360-degree rotations
- USB port charging for convenience
- Durable and strong building pieces
- Remote control movements
- Helps improve assembly skills
- Dimensions: 11.02×7.99×2.83 in
- Age recommended: 8-14 years
- Battery: Lithium-Ion battery (Included)
- Controller: Batteries required (2 * AAA set)
- Weight: 1.39 pounds
- Manufacturer Brand: AOKESI
The AOKESI remote-controlled robot building set is a unique piece that is a combination of building a toy as well as a remote-controlled toy. It helps children improve their STEM skills and other motor skills as they interact with this toy.
Its easy USB charging helps children enjoy the toy for the majority due to less time taken to charge it. The controller, however, requires 2 AAA batteries that do not come with the set.
This robot set allows children to practice their practical abilities. It is also a great way parents can connect with kids and spend quality time.
- Great tool for parent-children bonding
- Easy and quick charging
- Rotation and advance movements
- Necessary skills development
- An amazing educational gift for boys
- Small parts could cause choking
- No batteries for controller included
4. Kid Made Modern Comic Book Kit
I think this is a fun DIY comic book kit and is incredible for creative boys who are very much into manga and anime. We give them a chance to recreate their favorite comics or even make their own and be proud to show them off to their friends.
- Fosters creative ideas
- Amazing gifts for creative kids
- Comes with colors and a sketchbook
- Easy to use with friends
- Perfect for little budding storytellers
- Dimensions: 11.1×9.21×2.6 in
- Weight: 1.59 pounds
- Recommended age: 6+ years
- Manufacturer Brand: Kid Made Modern
- Contains: Markers, 2 books, 2 stencils, 5 rubber stamps, and 3 foam pads
- ASIN: B086697XLT
The comic book DIY kit consists of a pre-layout sketchbook for the little comic book artist to go wild and free in making the comic they always wanted to create. It is a great activity for introverted kids to get along, sit in silence and make art which will eventually get them talking.
The all-inclusive box makes it easier to carry around and less hassle to buy additional supplies. The reusable box also allows for easy storage of all art made and is also easy to take during travels, with less mess. Some great travels with busy kids being creative.
- Clutter-free storage and use
- All supplies already in the kit
- 2 24-page books – more art space
- Budding artists are encouraged to create
- Great family friends bonding time
- Markers might get dried up
- Small parts might cause choking
PORTABLE BABY CRIBS
5. Bukm Remote control car
The Bukm Remote control car with RC stunts is another great gift we can give boys, whether for Christmas or their birthdays. Remote controlled cars are incredibly fun to interact with, with a friend or a family member. I was impressed by how rugged the car is to ride outdoors.
- Durable exterior ABS plastic
- 360-degree full spin
- Easy to use and control
- Anti-slip / crash grip wheels
- 60 min rechargeable battery
- Dimensions: 9.45×3.15×6.3 in
- Manufacturer brand: Bukm
- Recommended age: 8 -12 years
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Battery: Lithium-Ion battery (2 * included)
- Warranty: As per the manufacturer
The Bukm Remote control car is one cool piece of toy that not only attracts the kid’s attention but also adults! It has some rugged ABS plastic exteriors along with a 360-degree rotation feature that allows for some great tricks outdoors.
The anti-slip and anti-crash wheels allow the car to go at a fast pace with the help of two powerful motors allowing it to reach a speed of 15 kmph. The controller has a high frequency of 4GHz that can connect with the car to 50m distance without interference.
- Very rugged, less breakage
- Easy to understand manual
- Good battery life
- Can work indoors and outdoors
- Easy water damage
- Chances for short-circuit
6. LCD Writing/ Doodling Tablet
The 10-inch LCD writing and doodling tablet is a great gift for youngsters as it is not only environmentally friendly but is also diverse in terms of its color schemes. I like how it helps protect the eye of the child with its LCD with no blue light.
- Great long battery life
- Pressure-sensitive screen
- Eye protection – no blue light
- Easy to erase button
- Dimension: 12.32×7.28×0.39 in
- Battery: CR2 battery (included)
- Color available: Cyan, Pink, Yellow
- The material used: ABS plastic
- Manufacturer brand: Cusocue
- Weight: 8.2 ounces
This pressure-sensitive LCD screen tablet is a great way children can explore doodling or can use it for writing and practicing their handwriting or anything else that they fancy. The screens are not radiating any harmful radiation or any blue light, allowing children to use them for a long time.
It has a great battery life that lets kids use them uninterrupted for a good chunk of time. This is also great for kids to have a pre-school experience to learn to distinguish colors.
- Good to learn color distinguishing
- Waterproof material
- Drop-resistant and rugged
- Battery replaceable
- Comes only in 3 colors
- Screen easily scratched
7. OleFun Foam Ball Shooting Game
I think it is a great game to play both outdoors and indoors due to its foam balls that do not hurt anyone. Stating that it is always better to play any shooting game outdoors for maximum fun. The air-powered gun blaster helps maximize the range of shooting.
- Multiplayer shooting game
- Safety ensured during play
- Non-toxic foam material
- 100% safe ABS plastic
- Super lightweight
- Dimensions: 16.73×11.06×4.09 in
- Manufacturer: OleFun
- Recommended age: 6+ years
- Weight: 2.86 pounds
- Colors: Blue-Red combo
- Material: Foam and ABS
This fun shooting game is a great way to allow children not only to bond with their friends but also a great bonding experience with their parents.
This game is good to improve target practice and focus on aiming well. The soft foam balls help protect the kids and the environment from safeguarding them from injuries or any property damage. These guns are durable and very long-lasting. Hence they have a long lifespan and won’t fall apart.
- Safety to surroundings
- Non-toxic materials used
- Easy-to-use load and fire
- Good to improve focus
- Great gift for Christmas
- Small parts, choking hazard
- Not many color options
MINI BABY CRIBS
8. Shifu Orboot AR Interactive Globe
This is a fantastic gift for us to give children due to its VR (Virtual Reality) Feature that allows them to explore the world and take a tour right from their homes. This is possible using an app linked with it to scan to bring cities and monuments alive.
- Educational Learning about places
- Easy-to-scan from phone
- Virtual Reality feature
- Encourages science learning
- Fun stickers and stamps included
- Dimension: 10.2×10.2×13.5 in
- Recommended age: 4+ years
- Weight: 2.64 pounds
- Manufacturer: Shifu
- Requirement: Smartphone with app
- Warranty: As per manufacturer
The Shifu Orboot is no ordinary globe that just shows places on it, it instead is a fun, and interactive VR globe that can bring places to life by using an app compatible with the smartphone easily found on the app store.
This fantastic globe increases children’s curiosity about learning not only about geography but also science as the VR once scanned shows a lot of scientific facts about nature, eco-systems, and monuments.
- Great substitute for fun learning
- App compatible with most phones
- Fun interactive items
- Improves overall knowledge
- Make perfect gifts
- Small parts – choking hazard
- Not durable to damage
9. ThinkFun Gravity Marble Maze
This game is a trusted one by many families worldwide as it is a great bonding game for parents and children. I see the game to be good for logical thinking and is also a STEM toy. It helps develop great problem-solving skills, which come in handy later.
- Magnetic mind puzzle
- Easy-to-learn marble run
- Great gifting option
- 60 beginner- expert challenges
- Does not get boring
- Dimension: 9.38x3x10.5 in
- Manufacturer: ThinkFun
- Recommended Age: 8-15 years
- Weight: 1.61 pounds
- Origin Country: China
- Domestic Shipping: Within the US.
This toy is one of a kind as it is fun and has over 60 challenges to complete and hence makes it the opposite of boring. The exteriors are made from plastic and paper, while the marbles are made from metal.
This mind maze game is great for building STEM and other problem-solving skills that can help the kid in their future if they want to pursue engineering or any other sciences, which requires good problem-solving techniques.
- Clear instructions manual
- High-quality materials used
- Kids and Teachers love it
- Easy to carry
- Great for adults too
- Choking hazard
- Easy to lose marbles
10. MindWare Marble Circuit Mind Game
This is a tricky one-person game that can keep children occupied for a long time! It allows the child to use their logical thinking and problem-solving skills. I find it fascinating as it is a multi-directional game that mimics a 3D puzzle which makes an ideal gift for children interested in puzzles.
- Easy to understand
- supports logical thinking
- Solo game for travels
- Fun colors of pieces
- Easy to pack and carry
- Dimension: 11.7×8.7×3 in
- Language: English
- Age Recommended: 8+ years
- Manufacturer: MindWare
- Weight: 0.013 ounces
- Department: Unisex, child
This game is a great toy for children of 8 years and above to carry along due to its lightweight, during road trips that can get boring without anything to do.
Apart from keeping company, these games also help develop a lot of skills that one day will come in handy. The 3D puzzle gives it a nice touch, making it more fun and colorful for the eyes, which excites the brain. Tiles need to be moved so that the marbles move till their endpoint.
- Light-weight to carry
- Safe plastic material
- Engaging and interesting
- 64 puzzle challenges
- Keeps kids occupied
- Small part choking hazard
- Single-player game
How have I ranked the products in the list of Best gifts for boys age 8?
The products listed above are done so after thorough research of reviews from customers and their popularity in the market. They have all the necessary information needed before making an informed decision to purchase. Every item in this article has been reviewed to be a favorite amongst children of 8+ years.
Care And Maintenance
- Always ensure the batteries are taken out of the toy when not in use.
- Read the manual about warranty and exchange policy before it is late for a refund.
- Keep the electronic gadgets away from the water even if it is waterproof for precaution.
- Keep young children away from the toys as there are small parts that can cause choking if consumed on accident.
- Regularly sanitize and wipe the toys as children come in contact with it to prevent any bacteria transfer.
Q: What are the best toys for an 8-year-old?
A: Remote-controlled cars and robots, magnetic puzzles and building blocks, and creative art books and tablets.
Q: How to decide on what to buy as a present?
A: Always consider what the child might like and consider their personality traits. Safe options are to gift items that encourage learning and creativity.
Q: When to introduce complex, educational toys and puzzles?
A: This is completely dependent on the child’s growth and ability to understand complex problems and start attempting to solve them. 8 years seems like a good age, ideally.
Q: What are the benefits of puzzle toys?
A: These puzzles are not only beneficial for the child to learn problem-solving, but it also acts as a tool to interact with new friends and other people.
Q: Are replacements available for lost parts?
A: This is dependent on the manufacturer and warranty provided, where they usually provide a refund or have an exchange policy.